Fortin du Petit-Sault (Petit-Sault Blockhouse)

 

PROVINCIAL HERITAGE PLACE

Built by the British army in 1841, the fort was in a strategic position to protect the territory at the height of the boundary dispute between England and the United States. That conflict, also known as the “Bloodless Aroostook War,” ended in 1842 with the signing of the Ashburton-Webster Treaty, which designated the