This is one of the many fine lighthouses that dot the coastline and inland waterways of New Brunswick. The Dixon Point Lighthouse was built originally in 1881. It was replaced in 1919 with an attractive salt-shaker-style design. The front range is still active.
This lighthouse stands on a very small footprint of land with a good view of the Bouctouche Dune Lighthouse, which is practically inaccessible, at the end of the Bouctouche Dune sandbar. Both are excellent examples of the fine craftsmanship of the era.
Route 134 onto Route 535, 5 km (3 mi.) south of Bouctouche, and 15 km (9 mi.) north of Cocagne.