St. Michael's Museum and Genealogical Centre

PROVINCIAL HERITAGE PLACE

This building, constructed in 1846, marks the beginning of St. Michael's Parish of Chatham. From here the administration of the entire Roman Catholic diocese in northern New Brunswick took place.

First Episcopal residence in 1860 and first Hotel-Dieu hospital in 1869. Today it is a genealogical research centre and Catholic religious supply shop.