Cranberry Quinoa Stuffing
Take your holiday feast up a notch with this gluten-free stuffing recipe from New Brunswick’s Springbrook Cranberry farm. Savoury stuffing gets the perfect amount of sweetness from apples and cranberries while offering a festive addition to any holiday meal.
1. Sauté pancetta, celery, onion, apple, and spices in a large pot until the pancetta is crisp and the onion and celery are translucent.
- 150 g (5 oz.) pancetta bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium apple
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp each rosemary, sage, summer savoury, thyme
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 cup wild rice
- 100 g (4 oz.) dried organic cranberries
- salt and pepper
2. Add quinoa, wild rice and chicken stock to pot and bring to a boil. Turn down and let simmer for 20-25 minutes until quinoa and wild rice are soft.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in dried cranberries and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Springbrook Cranberry Inc.