- 1 cup (250 ml) fiddleheads
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cooked
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) butter
In a saucepan, bring fiddleheads, chicken broth and onion to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
In a food processor, purée together cooked fiddleheads, cooked chicken breast, heavy cream and salt.
Butter 6 ramekins and place fresh fiddleheads around the edge and bottom.
Fill ramekins with purée.
Put ramekins in a double boiler and cook in an oven at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.
Flip the ramekins over on a plate and serve with a red pepper emulsion sauce.
Red pepper emulsion sauce
- 1 red pepper cut in slices
- 1 small onion cut in slices
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (65 ml) olive oil
Pan fry ingredients together until soft
Put in food processor while mixing in a small filet of olive oil to create emulsion.
Strain, then add salt and pepper to taste.